Au Pair in Australia Website Terms
Thank you for visiting https://www.aupairaustralia.com (the “AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website”).
AIFS Au Pair in Australia is a program operated by the American Institute for Foreign Study (Australia) Pty Ltd, (“AIFS Australia”).
The AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website is operated by AIFS Australia which is registered in Australia and has its registered office at 10-14 Oxford Square, Darlinghurst New South Wales, Australia. The ABN for AIFS Australia is 58 087 38 499.
The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) govern your use of this Website and you should read them carefully before using this website.
Where we refer to the “AIFS”/“we”/“our”/“us” in these Terms, we mean AIFS Australia, and where we refer to the “Program”, we mean the AIFS Au Pair in Australia.
To contact us, please email email@example.com.
WHO THESE TERMS APPLY TO
These Terms refer to:
- "Visitors” to the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website, i.e. someone who visits and/or uses the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website but who does not register for or apply to the Program;
- “Au Pairs”, i.e. someone who registers for or applies to the Program to become an au pair and/or who takes part in the Program as an au pair.
Unless we say otherwise, these Terms apply to (a) Visitors; and (b) any Au Pairs who register for or apply to the Program on the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website.
WHAT THESE TERMS COVER
These Terms include:
We may amend these Terms from time to time. Please check these Terms regularly to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
ACCESSING THE AIFS AU PAIR IN AUSTRALIA WEBSITE
You may access and use some areas of the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website as a Visitor. However, certain areas of the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website are only accessible to you if you are an Au Pair.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE AIFS AU PAIR IN AUSTRALIA WEBSITE
We may update and change the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website from time to time to reflect changes to, for example, our users' needs or technical, operational or other business priorities.
WE MAY SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW THE AIFS AU PAIR IN AUSTRALIA WEBSITE
We do not guarantee that the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website for technical, operational and/or business reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We will not be liable to you if, for any reason, the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website is unavailable at any time.
HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON THE AIFS AU PAIR IN AUSTRALIA WEBSITE
We are the owner or the licensee of any and all intellectual property rights in the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website for your personal use.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content or materials on the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
DO NOT RELY ON THE INFORMATION ON THE AIFS AU PAIR IN AUSTRALIA WEBSITE
The content which we provide on the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website (including any content in our social media posts) is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBSITES WE LINK TO
Where the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
USER GENERATED CONTENT IS NOT APPROVED BY US
The AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website includes certain information and materials uploaded by Au Pairs, including information, photos and videos contained in Au Pair profiles (provided when an Au Pair completes an application to the Program). This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. Any views expressed by Au Pairs on the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website are solely the views of the Au Pair submitting them and do not represent our own views or values.
If you wish to complain about information or materials provided by Au Pairs, please contact us at AIFS firstname.lastname@example.org
UPLOADING CONTENT TO THE AIFS AU PAIR IN AUSTRALIA WEBSITE
When you upload such information and materials to the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website, you must comply with the content standards in our Acceptable Use Policy.
We have the right to remove any content you upload to the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website if, in our opinion, that content does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
When you submit comments, opinions or other feedback to us about the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website, you agree that we can use and share (but do not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
We do not guarantee that the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website, the server on which the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website. You must not attack the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website will cease immediately.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-services attack, viruses, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or any website linked to it.
RULES ABOUT LINKING TO THE AIFS AU PAIR IN AUSTRALIA WEBSITE
You may link to our home page or sign-in page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website in any website that is not owned by you.
The AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website other than that set out above, please contact us at email@example.com.
LAWS APPLYING TO ANY DISPUTES
Any words following the terms including, include, in particular, for example or any similar expression shall be construed as illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words, description, definition, phrase or term preceding those terms.
2. ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website, link to the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website, or interact with the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website in any other way.
You may only use the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website for lawful purposes. You may not use the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website:
- (i) in any way that breaches any applicable law or regulation;
- (ii) in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose;• (iii) for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm others in any way (including bullying, intimidating, abusing, threatening, harassing, defaming or violating any rights of another person);
- (iv) to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (set out below); or
- (v) to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree not to:
- (ii) access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website; or
- any equipment or network on which the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website is stored;
- • (iii) access the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website through accounts of other Au Pairs without permission, or misrepresent the source, identity, or content of information transmitted via the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website or perform any other similar fraudulent activity;
- (iv) upload files to the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website that contain software or content protected by intellectual property laws (patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights) or confidentiality, unless you own or control such rights or have received all necessary consents;
- (vi) directly or indirectly transfer any data you receive from us to (or use such data in connection with) any social network or similar third party, even if an Au consents to such transfer; or• (vii) sell or distribute any information or content provided by or related to us or modify, adapt, translate or create derivative works based on statements or material on the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website.
- (vii) sell or distribute any information or content provided by or related to us or modify, adapt, translate or create derivative works based on statements or material on the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website.
If you are an Au Pair, these content standards apply to any and all content which you upload to the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website as part of your Au Pair profile (contributions).
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- (i) be accurate (where they state facts);
- (ii) be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- (iii) comply with applicable law in Australia and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- (i) contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- (ii) contain any material which is offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- (iii) promote discrimination;
- (iv) infringe any copyright of any other person;
- (v) be likely to deceive any person;
- (vi) be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- (vii) be threatening, abusive or invade another's privacy, cause annoyance or be otherwise objectionable;
- (viii) be likely to upset, embarrass or annoy any other person;
- (ix) be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity; or
- (x) give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.<
If you see something on the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website that you find objectionable or you believe breaches this Acceptable Use Policy, please promptly report it to us at AIFS Au Pair in Australia firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep in mind that this does not guarantee that we will remove the content from the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website.
BREACH OF THIS POLICY
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of the provisions of this Acceptable Use Policy. When a breach has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- (i) temporary or permanent removal of your Au Pair profile from the AIFS Au Pair in Australia Website (or any content you have uploaded as part of your profile);
- (ii) refusal to consider your application to the Program; and/or• (ii) disclosure of information to the police if we reasonably feel it is necessary.
The responses described in this Acceptable Use Policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.