Au Pair Australia: What You Get
Au Pair in Australia is more than just a placement service. You will be placed as an Au Pair with an Australian family for 6 months to care for their children and in return receive weekly pocket money, full accommodation, a 2-day Sydney orientation and the support of a dedicated community counselor for the duration of your placement.
Au Pair in Australia includes:
- A 6 month guaranteed placement with an Australian family with a weekly salary of up to $360 AUD
- Room & Board & Food
- Greeted at Sydney Airport by our Rep. (spot the AIFS Shirt & Sign!) with a quick trip to your downtown accommodation
- 3 nights accommodation plus breakfasts at WakeUp – Sydney’s most awarded hostel
- 2 day Orientation at the AIFS dedicated center
- Arrival pack including the AIFS Au Pair Handbook
- Regular social events with other Au Pairs and AIFS staff
- A dedicated AIFS Au Pair Facebook Group to meet and chat with other AIFS Au pairs
- AIFS Au Pair contact list
- Your own dedicated Community Counselor plus our 24-hour emergency assistance
- Option to transfer at NO COST to the AIFS Work & Travel program upon completion (ex. insurance)
- Exclusive “members only” access to AIFS Travel Desk with heaps of specials and members only discounts
- be eligible for an Australian Work and Holiday visa (for US citizens) or Working Holiday visa (subclass 416).
- be aged between 18 and 30 years old
- be available to work for a minimum of 6 months
- have a current driver's license
- have at least 200 referenced hours of childcare experience (non-family experience)
- have a high-school degree or GED.
- be able to pass a medical and background check